(Last updated 31/01/2023)
In addition to the rights stipulated in these conditions, the end customer is entitled to statutory rights in the event of defects. These rights can be exercised free of charge and are not restricted by these conditions.
- GARDENA Manufacturing GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “GARDENA”) grants a warranty for all Original GARDENA products (hereinafter referred to as “Products”). The warranty period for each Product appears on the icon printed on the product packaging or in the online product description at www.gardena.com. The warranty is valid from the time of original purchase from the dealer in accordance with the following conditions: if the Products have only been used in private applications—i.e., have not been used commercially or professionally—the defect is proven to have occurred within the warranty period, and the claim is also made within this warranty period (hereinafter referred to as “Warranty”). The date on the original proof of purchase is therefore crucial for any claims. This warranty does not apply to products acquired second hand.
- GARDENA guarantees the end customer that the product is free from material or processing defects in accordance with the following conditions. Normal wear and tear of parts and components (such as V-belts, impellers, light bulbs, air filters, blade fixing parts, blades, turbines, toothed belts, spark plugs), visual changes, wear parts and consumables (such as batteries) are excluded from the warranty.
- The services under the warranty are rendered by supplying a fully functional replacement product or by repairing the faulty product sent to us free of charge; we reserve the right to choose between these options. This service is subject to the following provisions being fulfilled:
- The product has been used for its intended purpose as per the recommendations in the operating manual.
- Neither the purchaser nor a third party has attempted to open or repair the product.
- Only Original GARDENA replacement parts and wear parts have been used for operation.
- A copy of the original proof of purchase has been submitted.
- This warranty is limited to replacement or repair in accordance with the aforementioned conditions. Replaced products or parts become our property. The warranty does not constitute an entitlement to lodge other claims against us as a manufacturer, such as for damages. In particular, you are not entitled to receive a replacement product while your product is being repaired. Warranty services shall not extend or renew the warranty period for the product.
- This warranty is valid worldwide.
GARDENA will be released from its warranty obligation if fulfilling the warranty would result in a violation of national or international regulations of foreign trade legislation or of embargoes and/or other sanctions.
- If making a claim under the warranty, please return the product to the retailer the product was purchased from, with a clear description of the fault. The original proof of purchase will be required. The retailer will conduct an initial inspection and gather information about the warranty claim. This information will be shared with GARDENA/Husqvarna New Zealand Ltd for assessment of eligibility for warranty claim.
- The warranty is governed by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany, to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). This choice of jurisdiction does not mean that you, as a consumer, are deprived of the protection granted to you by those provisions which, under the law of the State in which you are habitually resident, cannot be derogated from by agreement.
- New Zealand: This manufacturer’s warranty is in addition to the rights and remedies provided by the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act. Husqvarna New Zealand Ltd (Company No. 111861) 51 Aintree Avenue, Airport Oaks, Manukau 2022. Tel: 09 920 2410.
GARDENA Manufacturing GmbH